Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > MAIN DISCUSSION > Hosting Control Panels and Applications

Hosting Control Panels and Applications Control panels and hosting software for web hosting industry such as shopping carts, security certificate, ssl and billing or merchant program.

Old 08-05-2009, 21:01   #1
kissmee
SGWHT Newbie

kissmee has a spectacular aura aboutkissmee has a spectacular aura about
custom control panels

Hello! I am just wondering which custom -made control panels have you used? If some of them were as usable as cPanel or any other brand name panel?

I have seen a demo of the custom control panel Say5 offered by dayana host - it looks to be usable not less than any other brand name, but having no experience I cannt say if it is really so. Maybe anyone could say anything about?
kissmee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2009, 02:32   #2
geekonetwothree
SGWHT Senior Member

geekonetwothree has a spectacular aura aboutgeekonetwothree has a spectacular aura aboutgeekonetwothree has a spectacular aura about
Zero point in using them. I recommend Cpanel or Directadmin as they are more popular and you can move from one host to another easier. Nothing to say about Say5.
geekonetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 17:16   #3
San_tin
Banned

San_tin is on a distinguished road
You know I like when companies offers many control panels their customers to be able to use the one they are used to.
Say webhostingbuzz.com offers LxAdmin, Cpanel, Webmin, Directadmin. That's right IMHO.
San_tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 20:45   #4
Mortis
SGWHT Newbie

Mortis has a spectacular aura aboutMortis has a spectacular aura about
Usually I prefer using brand control panels, mostly cPanel, but in case with dayana host, I suppose say five could really be used instead. The more so because custom panels reduce the price of hosting account.
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 21:35   #5
Ossil
SGWHT Newbie

Ossil is just really niceOssil is just really niceOssil is just really niceOssil is just really niceOssil is just really nice
demo of this panel on dayanahost.com makes me feel the panel is comparable to personally preferred cPanel. the main advantage of custom panels is their low cost during the absence of licensing, what enables company to reduce the prices.
Ossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 17:19   #6
James-A
SGWHT Senior Member

James-A is on a distinguished road
Custom control panels are generally not recommended. You should go for branded control panels like cPanel or Plesk. They are easy to use and are bug free which is the main advantage.