Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > MAIN DISCUSSION > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Web hosting topics such as considerations when choosing a web host, past experiences, seeking advice for web hosting providers and etc.

Old 26-04-2011, 11:53   #1
harky
SGWHT Newbie

harky is on a distinguished road
Wht knowledge do i need to know abt webhosting??

like technical front-end or back-end

want to know more technical skill
harky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26-04-2011, 14:40   #2
James-A
SGWHT Senior Member

James-A is on a distinguished road
Its not necessary to be a Technical person to host your website. There are various Web Hosting who offer Managed Hosting plans along with 24X7 Technical support. These Hosting providers have Qualified Technicians who will help you if you have any Technical problems after purchasing the hosting plan. You just need to contact them and they will get the issue solved for you.
Old 05-05-2011, 20:46   #3
pbr_201
SGWHT Newbie

pbr_201 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-A
Its not necessary to be a Technical person to host your website. There are various Web Hosting who offer Managed Hosting plans along with 24X7 Technical support. These Hosting providers have Qualified Technicians who will help you if you have any Technical problems after purchasing the hosting plan. You just need to contact them and they will get the issue solved for you.
yes, all hosting providers got a very god technical team, get in touch with them whenever needed

pbr_201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 13:37   #4
joelckw
SGWHT Newbie

joelckw is on a distinguished road
I believe the OP is interested to know get into the technical stuff of web hosting. The question for the OP is to what extend of technical knowledge do you wish to go into.

At the end user level, shared web hosting accounts are fully-managed. What we would require is know how to upload our websites, manage databases, manage email accounts, etc. There are several control panels that come with hosting accounts, such as Direct Admin, cPanel or Plesk. They allow one to manage hosting accounts without much deep IT knowledge.

However, should the OP want to know more about web hosting, he can learn how to manage a server, i.e. Linux or Windows. In this case, its about know how to install and what to install on the server before it can become a proper hosting server.

Hope this helps.
http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Simpler & Better!
joelckw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 16:08   #5
blong
SGWHT Newbie

blong is on a distinguished road
When I started into doing websites, I also don't have the technical knowledge as well. I guess you will learn the basics soon enough. The technical stuff not really that important unless you are managing the server yourself.
blong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 14:56   #6
bennykusman
SGWHT Newbie

bennykusman is on a distinguished road
you will learn along the way =)
visit: https://www.sosys.net
bennykusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 12:58   #7
xinus84
SGWHT Newbie

xinus84 is on a distinguished road
it's better to buy 1 cheap and play. tats how I learnt
xinus84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 20:33   #8
James-A
SGWHT Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harky

like technical front-end or back-end

want to know more technical skill
If you sign up with a good managed host, you donít really have to be aware of any technical aspect. The web host will take care of everything and things will be made easy for you. You can manage your website and all the technical aspects will be taken care of by the web host.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:17   #9
alano
SGWHT Senior Member

alano is a jewel in the roughalano is a jewel in the roughalano is a jewel in the roughalano is a jewel in the rough
I concur with what everyone says above. Web-hosting companies will help you with your queries. I have always found their advice to be very helpful
alano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 19:49   #10
James-A
SGWHT Senior Member

If you want to host a website, there is no need to have an in-depth knowledge about the web hosting technology. You need to have knowledge about basic factors like server space, bandwidth, uptime, operating system etc. Make sure to opt for an efficient web hosting company so that in case there is any issue with the website, assistance will be provided right away and the smooth functioning of the website can be ensured.