Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > MAIN DISCUSSION > Hosting Control Panels and Applications

Hosting Control Panels and Applications Control panels and hosting software for web hosting industry such as shopping carts, security certificate, ssl and billing or merchant program.

Old 02-08-2007, 14:16   #1
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

LampPC has a spectacular aura aboutLampPC has a spectacular aura about
Cpanel support windows 2008 announced by Microsoft

Today Microsoft announced that cPanel, the leading Web hosting control panel software provider, will release its first Windows Server 2008-based product line in beta later this year. Traditionally a Linux- and FreeBSD-based supplier of hosting automation tools, cPanel is collaborating with Microsoft to provide its customers with a greater choice in platform selection with IIS7.

“Microsoft has shown a strong commitment to the hosting industry over the past several years” said J. Nick Koston, CEO of cPanel. “cPanel’s Windows development team feels that IIS7 offers a robust, high-performance Web server with increased security that the industry will quickly adopt. Microsoft Server 2008 and IIS7 with its modern architecture and support for legacy products was the natural starting point for our expanded product offering.”

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ngCon07PR.mspx
Address: One Raffles Quay Level 25 North Tower
Tel: +65.61000092
LampPC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 15:08   #2
dennis
SGWHT Premium Member

dennis has a spectacular aura aboutdennis has a spectacular aura aboutdennis has a spectacular aura about
that will be great!
dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:46   #3
andeelym
SGWHT Senior Member

andeelym is on a distinguished road
Oh yes! CPanel for windows! Yea!

Now clients who are familiar with CPanel can get ASP and .NET support without needing to learn a new panel liao. Woot!
andeelym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 06:00   #4
debug26
SGWHT Newbie

debug26 is on a distinguished road
cPanel is Great. cPanel + windows Many Thanx to cPanel
debug26@hotmail.com
===============
debug26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 08:41   #5
felix
SGWHT Newbie

felix has a spectacular aura aboutfelix has a spectacular aura about
oh cool!
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 13:53   #6
hot_wired13
SGWHT Newbie

hot_wired13 is on a distinguished road
...but in comparison to Helm 4? ;)
hot_wired13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 21:49   #7
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_wired13
...but in comparison to Helm 4? ;)
There is a higher percentage of Cpanel users than all control panel users in the Linux world. This trend will continue into Windows most probably...no matter how good Helm 4 is.
Old 29-09-2007, 19:26   #8
bobchrist
SGWHT Newbie

bobchrist has a spectacular aura aboutbobchrist has a spectacular aura aboutbobchrist has a spectacular aura about
I read somewhere it will come together with Window Server 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 scheduled to be released on 27th Feb 2008.
bobchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 21:42   #9
wmymt
SGWHT Newbie

wmymt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchrist
I read somewhere it will come together with Window Server 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 scheduled to be released on 27th Feb 2008.
Do you mean cPanel will be bundled together with Windows Server 2008?

If that's so, i suppose it'll further attest to what LampPC had said though on a different basis. There will be more users on Windows hosting using cPanel for Windows, since it's already "free" or bundled.

However, i'm puzzled by the move because bulk of the Windows Server OS users are not using it for hosting purposes. Will it therefore make a quality impact?
wmymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 17:43   #10
pengfei
SGWHT Senior Member

pengfei is on a distinguished road
My Wishful dream

I have both the Windows and Linux Hosting Services and my wishful dream is Windows Server can work with cPanel, so that I can provide the best solution to the world.

But can the firewall, anti-spam, anti-virus, blog, forum etc 3rd party software able to catch up with Microsoft and cPanel decision to provide the same level of services as they do in linux platform over the Windows 2008 platform?
MSN ID: glwmsn@hotmail.com
pengfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 14:24   #11
NetRockerz
SGWHT Newbie

NetRockerz is on a distinguished road
Kudos to cPanel + windows hosting sever. This will be a great thing for all those working on Windows platform. I wonder what will happen with Plesk ?
NetRockerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 21:32   #12
alanwoo
SGWHT Senior Member

alanwoo is on a distinguished road
Can it really take off ?

I have seen from cpanel website that they going to support windows for many many years but yet to become true.

I also wonder, how can a Linux centric organization with lots of linux geeks to blend into asp.net to providing windows solutions, or how is cpanel going to manage the 2 development team in 2 difference culture ? are they using a difference office for difference team :-) ?

This is more like a culture issue, for a die-hard linux geeks will never want to work on windows.

Alan

NewMedia Express Pte Ltd (AS38001)
Web Hosting Singapore
http://www.speedtest.com.sg
Tel: +65 63967188
alanwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 22:20   #13
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwoo
Can it really take off ?

I have seen from cpanel website that they going to support windows for many many years but yet to become true.

I also wonder, how can a Linux centric organization with lots of linux geeks to blend into asp.net to providing windows solutions, or how is cpanel going to manage the 2 development team in 2 difference culture ? are they using a difference office for difference team :-) ?

This is more like a culture issue, for a die-hard linux geeks will never want to work on windows.

Alan
That should not be a problem. Microsoft stands to gain from this. Even if they bring in dedicated staff to help CPanel, it is no surprise. Cpanel Windows definitely strengthen Microsoft position in the web hosting market.
Old 25-11-2007, 00:17   #14
pengfei
SGWHT Senior Member

pengfei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwoo
Can it really take off ?
I have check out the issues regards this as I'm very keen to know how possible it can be done as below finding: -

In the past cPanel is not able to integrate with the Window due to the IIS and this issue had been resolve by Windows 2008. In the other word, those cPanel owner which wish to implement the cPanel in Windows must have a Windows 2008 Server.

A lots of 3rd party software's and free software's also have their Windows base edition already available in the market.

Microsoft will like to buy over softwares that will improve their existing products and integrate them into their next edition. And that is the beauty of Microsoft that most of the 3rd party software's and free software's targetted at as I know, but do code me.

What cPanel needs is a workable IIS and the integration with the 3rd party software's and freeware's which I find it is possible.
MSN ID: glwmsn@hotmail.com
pengfei is offline   Reply With Quote