Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > MAIN DISCUSSION > Hosting Control Panels and Applications

Hosting Control Panels and Applications Control panels and hosting software for web hosting industry such as shopping carts, security certificate, ssl and billing or merchant program.

Old 22-02-2008, 15:16   #1
bbq999
SGWHT Newbie

bbq999 is on a distinguished road
Cannot Read License File

Recently i got a VPS from a local host and I can't seemed to access my cpanel. It keeps saying Cannot Read License File.

I emailed my host but they have yet to reply. Any idea what is the issue and how can i resolve it?

How long does it normally take for host in SG to respond to suppot tickets? This is the time I am dealing with local host and I am not too sure of the service standards here in SG.

Kinda in a hurry to solve this issue...
bbq999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22-02-2008, 15:41   #2
Darylngch
SGWHT Senior Member

Darylngch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq999
Recently i got a VPS from a local host and I can't seemed to access my cpanel. It keeps saying Cannot Read License File.

I emailed my host but they have yet to reply. Any idea what is the issue and how can i resolve it?

How long does it normally take for host in SG to respond to suppot tickets? This is the time I am dealing with local host and I am not too sure of the service standards here in SG.

It depends on indiviual companies. Normally, you can expect a reply within 3hours, but some host might only give you a reply when it is night time.

For this issue, your description of your problem seems to be the license file, thus not activating your cPanel service properly. Your hoster might need to do a remask on your service.
Old 22-02-2008, 17:51   #3
tanfwc
SGWHT Premium Member

tanfwc has a spectacular aura abouttanfwc has a spectacular aura abouttanfwc has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq999

Do a manual update on the license file and see if it works.

Quote:
/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
Old 23-02-2008, 00:04   #4
udnsus
SGWHT Newbie

udnsus is on a distinguished road
In addition to the last post, go to cpanel.net for more information. You may need to ensure that a specific port is open or that their IP is white listed if you're using a firewall that automatically blocks certain IP's.

Consider that it's a VPS and possibly unmanaged when creating trouble tickets. The support tech's should respond whether it managed or unmanaged, however, if unmanaged they may place your ticket at the bottom of the queue. I consider that a bad business practice, but nevertheless it does happen.