Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > MAIN DISCUSSION > Internet Surveys

Internet Surveys 'Internet Surveys' as a web provider or as an end users' opinions on web related issues such as services, prices, products, management and others that the findings may provide valuable information for your company growth.

Old 29-04-2008, 01:40   #1
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

LampPC has a spectacular aura aboutLampPC has a spectacular aura about
Need opinions on our new online billing system

Currently we have developed a online invoicing system which allow a company to create,manage and send online invoice (pdf version) to its clients. Payment can be made offline via cash/cheque or online (automated) via Paypal/Enets.

There are advanced financial tools like credit control and customer balance etc. Customers will also be able to upload and share documents, view invoices and pay them online.

How much will you pay for such a system on a monthly basis? It basically allow a company to manage its cashflow online and payment collection.
Address: One Raffles Quay Level 25 North Tower
Tel: +65.61000092
LampPC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29-04-2008, 10:24   #2
alanwoo
SGWHT Senior Member

alanwoo is on a distinguished road
My concern will be security and data privacy, does it means that the provider can see my cashflow and my invoices to customer ?

Some kind of encryption technology need to be in place to safeguard the end-user data privacy.

I like this SaaS model, I dont mind to pay S$10-20/per month to use this services for a start. You may look at charging end-user based on number of transactions etc.

NewMedia Express Pte Ltd (AS38001)
Web Hosting Singapore
http://www.speedtest.com.sg
Tel: +65 63967188
alanwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 21:58   #3
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

LampPC has a spectacular aura aboutLampPC has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwoo
My concern will be security and data privacy, does it means that the provider can see my cashflow and my invoices to customer ?

Some kind of encryption technology need to be in place to safeguard the end-user data privacy.

I like this SaaS model, I dont mind to pay S$10-20/per month to use this services for a start. You may look at charging end-user based on number of transactions etc.
For SaaS providers, they can see the customer data too like mails for Microsoft Exchange. It is all up to the provider ethics.

Our recommended range is between $10~30/per month also depending on the number of transactions.
Address: One Raffles Quay Level 25 North Tower
Tel: +65.61000092
LampPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 22:48   #4
alanwoo
SGWHT Senior Member

For Email In Microsoft Exchange, user can use "digital certificates" and PGP to encrypt the email message, so that administrator or service provider cannot read the content inside the encrypted email.

It will be a good security feature if your system can look into implement something similar that allow end-user to use their digital certificate(private key) to encrypt their transaction details that stored on the server.

This is a standard practice for credit card transaction on payment gateway, all the transaction detail and credit card information in encrypted when store in a database.

Alan

Web Hosting Singapore
Old 13-05-2008, 22:05   #5
^User9007^
SGWHT Newbie

^User9007^ has a spectacular aura about^User9007^ has a spectacular aura about^User9007^ has a spectacular aura about
What's SaaS I wonder?
^User9007^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 22:26   #6
alanwoo
SGWHT Senior Member

SaaS = Software as a Service

Web Hosting Singapore