Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > MAIN DISCUSSION > Internet Surveys

Internet Surveys 'Internet Surveys' as a web provider or as an end users' opinions on web related issues such as services, prices, products, management and others that the findings may provide valuable information for your company growth.

Old 02-05-2005, 00:03   #1
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

LampPC has a spectacular aura aboutLampPC has a spectacular aura about
Would you pay more for fast support?

I will be setting up my own local webhost soon. How do you respond for a plan like this?

-100 MB Disk Space
-10 GB Bandwidth
-SGD$5 a month.
-Guarantee response technical support by tickets within 60 minutes
-Average 15 minutes 24/7

Failure to respond within 60 minutes for technical support shall receive 100% refund for the month.

Is the price okay?
LampPC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 00:10   #2
choongseng
SGWHT Senior Member

choongseng has a spectacular aura aboutchoongseng has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb

hi,

would you end up responding something like "we are looking into the issue, and we'll come back to you as soon as we get it solved." and it may take few days to get another response back and say "apparently, ....".

quality does matters, but too bad quality had to be proven not defined.

sorry if this put you down :-P (don't mean it), but hope you get what I mean.

the plan is quite alright if it is windows hosting. but well, if the service is really good, why not?!

happy may day...!

regards,
choongseng

Quote:
Originally Posted by LampPC
I will be setting up my own local webhost soon. How do you respond for a plan like this?

-100 MB Disk Space
-10 GB Bandwidth
-SGD$5 a month.
-Average 15 minutes 24/7

Failure to respond within 60 minutes for technical support shall receive 100% refund for the month.

Is the price okay?
choongseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 00:12   #3
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

Oh well I have given a time of 6 hours resolution for the staff. They will solve and close the ticket before that. For every ticket rated 3 out of 5 below, I deduct the pay.
Old 02-05-2005, 00:21   #4
limweech
SGWHT Newbie

limweech is on a distinguished road
it is better than ok. it is excellent. if you are outsourcing support, i hope you get people who are competent to solve technical issues.. not just respond to the mail.

i.e. saying we have received your mail, within 15 minutes is trivial..

saying we have received your email, checked the issue and have fixed the problem, within 60 minutes is magic. if this is what you are offering, i would gladly pay over S$100+/mth for important websites/ emails for just that 100MB disk, 10GB bw.

Quote:

-100 MB Disk Space
-10 GB Bandwidth
-SGD$5 a month.
-Average 15 minutes 24/7

Is the price okay?
limweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 00:23   #5
choongseng
SGWHT Senior Member

LOL.... tough test for your staff... can I get a partime support position to take up the challenge? :-P maybe give ur staff more bucks if they got a 5/5!

actually what I see in this industry now is to go for additional services (or value-added services), since the market is quite saturated and boomed with all sorts of cheap hostings. you are getting to this I see by your service promise.

if you get a good reputation out of your service and really keep your promise to that, I would really !!

look forward to it!

regards,
choongseng

Quote:
Oh well I have given a time of 6 hours resolution for the staff. They will solve and close the ticket before that. For every ticket rated 3 out of 5 below, I deduct the pay.
Old 02-05-2005, 00:23   #6
limweech
SGWHT Newbie

LOL.. ok.. you have clarified the issue during the time i took to write the email.. i'm getting old.
Old 02-05-2005, 00:29   #7
choongseng
SGWHT Senior Member

we are all night owl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by limweech
LOL.. ok.. you have clarified the issue during the time i took to write the email.. i'm getting old.
Old 02-05-2005, 00:48   #8
aodat2
SGWHT Newbie

aodat2 is on a distinguished road
limweech:
Providing Solutions in less than 60 minutes is not going to be a problem at all. Trust me, most (if not all) our TT is solved within that time range. Only certain ones, those needing really BIG attention takes more than that time.

So if you'd like to pay S$100/mth for service like that, I could easily provide it 4 u hehehe. But on the whole, 60 minute resolution is starting to get quite common already. I don't know what will come up next tho.

LampPC:
Depending on what your response might be, it might be a good price or bad price. If the response if "We have received your ticket and will get right on it", then I could gaurantee it in less than 5 minute as I could set an auto responder for it. But if the response is a valid and good response, then S$5.00 is not too bad a price
Welltodo Century - www.welltodocentury.com
aodat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 00:58   #9
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodat2
limweech:
Providing Solutions in less than 60 minutes is not going to be a problem at all. Trust me, most (if not all) our TT is solved within that time range. Only certain ones, those needing really BIG attention takes more than that time.

So if you'd like to pay S$100/mth for service like that, I could easily provide it 4 u hehehe. But on the whole, 60 minute resolution is starting to get quite common already. I don't know what will come up next tho.

LampPC:
Depending on what your response might be, it might be a good price or bad price. If the response if "We have received your ticket and will get right on it", then I could gaurantee it in less than 5 minute as I could set an auto responder for it. But if the response is a valid and good response, then S$5.00 is not too bad a price
next will be 100% uptime on server cluster.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:04   #10
lighter
SGWHT Newbie

lighter has a spectacular aura aboutlighter has a spectacular aura about
i feel that fast support should be as part of a good service from the company itself and not having to pay more for it....
Old 02-05-2005, 01:15   #11
choongseng
SGWHT Senior Member

yes.. but apparently, alot of hosting company nowadays offering cheap hosting and to cut cost, cutting off the "good service" as well.

regards,
choongseng

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter
i feel that fast support should be as part of a good service from the company itself and not having to pay more for it....
Old 02-05-2005, 01:18   #12
riduan
SGWHT Senior Member

riduan is on a distinguished road
I think the price is alright.

Its great if you could provide a fast response though the real test will only take place when you have more customers but for now the current package will do just fine.

Quote:
You serious??? You might have happy clients but not staffs.
INFLUEIX INTERACTIVE
riduan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:43   #13
limweech
SGWHT Newbie

Please.. I used to be unix sysadmin (solaris, digital/ tru64, linux).. alpha servers, sun servers, linux cluster (64 nodes with myrinet) etc.

"providing solutions in less than 60 minutes is not going to be a problem at all" goes under my too-good-to-be-true radar. sorry, you don't understand what is required; or if its even possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodat2

Old 02-05-2005, 02:07   #14
aodat2
SGWHT Newbie

aodat2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by limweech
Please.. I used to be unix sysadmin (solaris, digital/ tru64, linux).. alpha servers, sun servers, linux cluster (64 nodes with myrinet) etc.

"providing solutions in less than 60 minutes is not going to be a problem at all" goes under my too-good-to-be-true radar. sorry, you don't understand what is required; or if its even possible.
I'm not looking for a fight. You might have run Cisco, SingNet and etc before but here's one thing I would like to point out. I said "most (if not all) our TT is solved within that time range. Only certain ones, those needing really BIG attention takes more than that time."

I DID NOT say that all tickets are resolved within 60 minutes. If you have run a web hosting business before, you'd definitely know that most TT's are usually solveable within 60 minutes. Actually, most of them are usually trivial and the answer is right there. Again, NOT ALL tickets will be solved within 60 minutes.

Hope you understand what I mean by this... Lets not turn this into a fight thread, just wanted to clear things up (in case you did not see it).
Welltodo Century - www.welltodocentury.com
aodat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:24   #15
limweech
SGWHT Newbie

ok, thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:53   #16
in_flu_ence
SGWHT Newbie

in_flu_ence is on a distinguished road
Quote:

-100 MB Disk Space
-10 GB Bandwidth
-SGD$5 a month.
-Average 15 minutes 24/7

Is the price okay?
Actually, if you are comparing the price with those advertised in hosting forums, your price is competitive but then the price will not push you too far in terms of long term GREAT support with 24/7 response.

Even though outsourcing might be an option for such, but the staff usually do not have the same committment to strive to bring the business to a greater height. As such, the X factor to make ur customer 'at home' with your business might not be there.

common answers from the outsourced answers will be

Dear CUSTOMER ( they don't even bother about who the customer is).

your problem is resolved and we have made it in 15 minutes.

But the customer doesn't know what the issue might be about or they just don't bother to make the customer understand the issue.

Worse will be that they just cut and paste solutions from the q&a bank.

Well, i am not pinpointing any business but i always have to contact with other businesses and I do understand the need to make customers feel at ease whenever there is an emergency.

I have read an article. It is not about how fast u can resolve the problem but rather make the customer know what to react and time to react during these emergency. (of course please resolve the issue with reasonable time).

2ndly, locally (i presume it is singapore), bandwidth is expensive. say a typical dedicated server might cost u S$350/month with 100GB bw and ur 10gb plan will only have 10 customers? => S$50/month? way below your cost. I mean even with US servers. 1000GB bw for say same price? you get 100customers. and 500dollars income. But 100 customer might slow ur server alot with only 150dollars/server/month of income (not to say u pay for ur outsourcing.)

web space is not so important as compared to bandwidth because it means the amount of data (or usage load) on the server. Quality service is pricy. Hehe, though I don't see that type of quality in BIG FIRM as well because they are just too money-minded.

This is a rough estimation from what i get. Might be biased but well i guess there should have some sense to it:P

hope it helps.
Old 04-05-2005, 23:16   #17
Benny
SGWHT Veteran Member

Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter
Who is going to stay 24/7/365 infront of the pc just to wait for your support tickets having to get such a low pay How long can the support last??
Old 04-05-2005, 23:56   #18
in_flu_ence
SGWHT Newbie

in_flu_ence is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny
Who is going to stay 24/7/365 infront of the pc just to wait for your support tickets having to get such a low pay How long can the support last??
I bet what he meant was that the support fee should be incorporated and accounted for in the hosting package. Not differentiating clients to pay more for support.

For me, I guess there are pros and cons for doing either way. Some clients are quire familiar with the hosting environment and practically need no support esp for network downtime and hardware issues. They usually go for more economical plans to have their site up on the net.

By adding the support fee into the hosting package might be good because clients know that all the technical issues are covered in the plan. This is extremely valuable and worry-free for non-technical users.

Which is better? it really depends on what your clients really want from you.
Old 05-05-2005, 00:33   #19
riduan
SGWHT Senior Member

Quote:
I dont think anyone would do that. I believe LampPC would have formed a team or something to cover different shifts.

I cant imagine anyone sitting in front a pc 24/7.
INFLUEIX INTERACTIVE
Old 05-05-2005, 11:06   #20
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riduan
I dont think anyone would do that. I believe LampPC would have formed a team or something to cover different shifts.

I cant imagine anyone sitting in front a pc 24/7.
Well...obvious not. In fact no one will do a good job seating infront of a pc 24/7. Its rather 3 persons working in 8 hours shift. =)
Old 05-05-2005, 11:56   #21
riduan
SGWHT Senior Member

Quote:
Well...obvious not. In fact no one will do a good job seating infront of a pc 24/7. Its rather 3 persons working in 8 hours shift. =)
LampPC tell that to Benny

See his post.

Quote:
Who is going to stay 24/7/365 infront of the pc just to wait for your support tickets having to get such a low pay
INFLUEIX INTERACTIVE
Old 11-06-2005, 01:05   #22
SkyNetHosting
SGWHT Senior Member

SkyNetHosting is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=riduan]LampPC tell that to Benny

See his post.[/QUOT
SkyNetHosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 21:53   #23
Animorphs
SGWHT Newbie

Animorphs is on a distinguished road
I can just install a automated reply immediately send to the user after they submit their ticket. LOL... Solving a problem can sometimes take days. If it's beyond our control, than we will be asking around in forums for the answer. Hopefully someone can assist us in it.
Animorphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 23:10   #24
LampPC
SGWHT Premium Member

There is no need for automated reply to achieve fast response. In fact, more than 90% of our support tickets are solved all within a hour. Rather than using script for fast response why not train human to reach fast? The fastest ticket we have solved took 52 seconds and it was regarding the changing of username in cpanel, at Singapore time 1.29 A.M,. If we can prove that the technical support ticket can be solved and in a very friendly, polite manner in less than 1 minute ,automated response is simply redundant.
Address: One Raffles Quay Level 25 North Tower
Tel: +65.61000092
Old 18-11-2008, 16:32   #25
The Dude
SGWHT Veteran Member

The Dude is on a distinguished road
If the support is GUARANTEED,then yes i think paying more is OK....

Trouble is in todays world,service usually IS NOT GUARANTEED! (And if it is,is crap)
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 02:34   #26
cscsg
SGWHT Newbie

cscsg is on a distinguished road
hi

i need yearly service does u provided

about buget $50 to $60 per year

i wan domain .com is cost $10 to $13 per year

email: csc@singapore.com