Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > MAIN DISCUSSION > Internet Surveys

Internet Surveys 'Internet Surveys' as a web provider or as an end users' opinions on web related issues such as services, prices, products, management and others that the findings may provide valuable information for your company growth.

Old 13-03-2009, 19:04   #1
y0ngsh3ng
SGWHT Newbie

y0ngsh3ng is on a distinguished road
Engineering + IT (Engineering Informatics) & Information technology.

Hello everyone,

I would to ask which course have more advantages in the future?

Engineering IT or IT itself? I am talking about this two courses offered at NYP [Engineering Informatics & Information Technology]

Anyone can share your opinions? Thanks
y0ngsh3ng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16-03-2009, 16:01   #2
Gottaname
SGWHT Newbie

Gottaname is on a distinguished road
Engineering is very technical in nature, focuses more on hardware aspect of IT.

IT itself deals with software and network layer, and IT services in general.

However I do know of people who jump disciplines (Engineering to software, software to engineering).

When you go out to the working world, many people tend to cross train and have cross disciplines (so as to be more employable and to benefit the company they work for in a sense that they can do the jobs of two people).

And it depends on "advantageous", I would go with something I don't mind doing day in and out. Ultimately passion will give you the drive to make the best out of your field.
Gottaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 20:47   #3
royong
SGWHT Administrators

royong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure you have already made your choice. But for me, I'll vote for Eingeering Informatics http://www.nyp.edu.sg/SIT/ei_main3.html - The subject matter is alot more intune to the industry as a whole and covers more areas of prominence. The other Information Technology course is just too much of a developer track IMHO
royong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21   #4
y0ngsh3ng
SGWHT Newbie

y0ngsh3ng is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone for your reply. I have decided to go for 'Engineering Informatics'. Hope to see you guys in the future

All the Best

Last edited by y0ngsh3ng; 08-04-2009 at 01:27.
y0ngsh3ng is offline   Reply With Quote