Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > COMMUNITY > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions and Feedback Comments, questions and suggestions on Singapore Web Hosting Talk.

Old 06-01-2009, 22:00   #1
ionix
SGWHT Newbie

ionix is on a distinguished road
SGWHT login problem

I am using Firefox 3 on Windows XP.

I find myself having problem logging into this forum on
http://www.sgwht.com/

while I will not have such problem with
http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com/

fair enough I can just use the workable link. But the I am curious on how I can solve this problem.

I am facing similar problem whereby i cannot log into some other forums.

*Detail description of problem

Enter username and password, then click log on.
When the webpage post my request, I can still the "Welcome Ionix" page, stating successful login, i will be forward to the main page.
But whenever after the page is forwarded, i find myself still not logged on.. the top right section that states my account last visited etc, are not there.

Any clue people?
ionix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 08:12   #2
jahja
SGWHT Newbie

jahja is on a distinguished road
I guess you are using Singtel, right? This is something to do with array of proxy farm that Singtel uses. The transparent proxy address keeps changing. There is no solution from Singtel. Other websites which recording IP are also having same problems. Administrator can solve it if he can change from HTTP_X_FORWARDER to REMOTE_ADDR in recording the IP.
jahja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:36   #3
syed
SGWHT Veteran Member

syed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahja
I guess you are using Singtel, right? This is something to do with array of proxy farm that Singtel uses. The transparent proxy address keeps changing. There is no solution from Singtel. Other websites which recording IP are also having same problems. Administrator can solve it if he can change from HTTP_X_FORWARDER to REMOTE_ADDR in recording the IP.

I'm on Starhub, it happens as well.. tried on two os's on different browser platforms and on 2 different computers as well, unable to login..

it works well on www.singaporewebhostingtalk.com ..
syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 06:21   #4
The Dude
SGWHT Veteran Member

The Dude is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

www.sgwht.com IS A DIFFERENT DOMAIN,it should be forwarding all requests to www.sgwebhostingtalk.com (There was a problem like this on WHT also a few months ago and i suggested this to them and they got it fixed)

When someone enters www.sgwht.com THE SERVER SHOULD POINT THEM TO www.sgwebhostingtalk.com not www.sgwht.com
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 11:28   #5
royong
SGWHT Administrators

royong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to beholdroyong is a splendid one to behold
Changes made. Will probably need 24-48hrs for DNS to propogate properly (considering how long our local ISP DNS caches <sigh>)

You should be able to use http://www.sgwht.com to login properly thereafter.
royong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 17:48   #6
The Dude
SGWHT Veteran Member

The Dude is on a distinguished road
Yup just checked it,points me back to the main domain..

Thanx for looking into my suggestion Roy
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote