Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > COMMUNITY > SGWHT Cafe

SGWHT Cafe Forget Coffee Bean and Starbucks - Try our very own SGWHT Cafe. For all other topics that do not belong in the other forums and anything else

Old 12-12-2003, 22:46   #1
chin
SGWHT Veteran Member

chin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to behold
Infernal Affairs III (Wu Jian Dao)

Just watched it, the final part of the trilogy..

This time the show jumps from time to time inn none linear time frame, some tiem it is year 2001, then 2003, then 2002..

And it involves some more new characters by Leon Lai, Chen Dao Ming..etc
chin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-12-2003, 01:37   #2
Hostings

Watched it? Was that great? Sigh i never catch the ball yet. Hope i can see it soon and it'll get my head understand it.
Old 13-12-2003, 09:09   #3
shawnho
SGWHT Premium Member

shawnho is a jewel in the roughshawnho is a jewel in the roughshawnho is a jewel in the roughshawnho is a jewel in the rough
The 2nd movie was nice lah.....damn cool
shawnho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 10:10   #4
chin
SGWHT Veteran Member

chin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to beholdchin is a splendid one to behold
Yes , the 3 parts :

Part 1 : Year 2002--2003
Where Chen Yong Ren was killed in the ended

Part 2 : Year 1991-1997
Where the 2 was recruited and assigned to 2 extreme ends, 1 undercover for police, another undercover for triad

Part 3 : Year 2003-Year 2004
A collection of bits and pieces of past and present...
Old 13-12-2003, 10:16   #5
shawnho
SGWHT Premium Member

shawnho is a jewel in the roughshawnho is a jewel in the roughshawnho is a jewel in the roughshawnho is a jewel in the rough
I still remember the part where the police man (Wang Qiu Shen) jumped down the building.....very emotional
shawnho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 10:30   #6
chin
SGWHT Veteran Member

Yes, I am going to buy the DVDs for the 3 parts when it released.
Old 15-12-2003, 10:14   #7
Duskette
SGWHT Moderator

Duskette has a spectacular aura aboutDuskette has a spectacular aura about
the part 3 is making my head dizzy! darn the plot! too much twistings. lets form a discussion group to explain out the doubts!

so Leon Lai is the goody guy right? i think all those shot in forehead are the good guys, right?
Duskette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 10:42   #8
chin
SGWHT Veteran Member

From what i understand :

Part 3 had moments of snapshot that revolves around year 2003..2004, the past and the present.

1 important thing to note :

Some main characters is dead in part 3, including tony leung, wang qiu sheng,zheng zhi wei....

Only Leon and Andy lau is alive....

And Andy Lau became parnoid and guilty from the sin that he had comitted...Thus he is illustion himself as Tony, as the good guy, as deep inside him, he wants to be a good guy...
Old 15-12-2003, 11:14   #9
dennis
SGWHT Premium Member

dennis has a spectacular aura aboutdennis has a spectacular aura aboutdennis has a spectacular aura about
my understanding...

i think part 3 somehow sums up all part 1 2 and 3...

Leon Lai was never a mole in the first place. He was lying a trap all along by cooperating with Sam... Remember he tell Tony Leung, he remembers him and warns him to be careful (I think he is hinting him to beware of Sam...)

That china actor was going to help Leon Lai to lure Sam into a trap to catch him red handed for smuggling arms but Sam too smart so he escaped being caught...

And the part where Leon Lai, Tony Leung and that china actor was talking to each other Leon Lai asked Tony Leung if he remembered him... during their cadets days, if Tony Leung wasn't kicked out of the cadet school, he (Leon Lai) will not have achieved so much... So this sums up that Leon Lai was a police and not a mole all along.

Andy lau was suffering from illusion and in some part of the movie he see himself as Tony Leung... And I think he confessed himself being a mole in front of Kelly which leads to the showdown at the end of the movie.

He survived from the attempted sucide but I think he was paralaysed... (see the ending where he was tapping his fingers?)

When we see him talking to Sammi and Carina Lau uses her hand to act as if shooting him from behind(cos the young Andy Lau betrayed Carina Lau when he failed to win her love by telling Wu Zhen Yu her where abouts leading to her death later), I believe all this is just part of his hallucination...
dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2003, 13:24   #10
ddddd
SGWHT Newbie

ddddd is on a distinguished road
anyone think that leon acted well?

i find he's acting is pretty good here. very convincing
Old 23-12-2016, 15:24   #11
The Dude
SGWHT Veteran Member

The Dude is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I saw the first movie in 1990 (Part 1)

I THOUGHT IT WAS A PIECE OF CRAP..... No good music in it,just stupid........... (I guess its no surprise seeing it was made in 1990)

I have no desire seeing 2 or 3!! (Ah man!!)
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote